Serco’s search service for patent validity and invalidity overcomes many of the limitations of traditional patent search reports with a detailed strategic analysis.
Our patent analysis services are directed by experts in patent classification with deep experience in relevant prior art search and supported by world-class automation and workflow tools.
The combination of expertise, process, and technology results in invaluable insights in crafting the right patent litigation strategy and directing highly targeted searches.
Our U.S.-based staff is available to collaborate with clients to meet needs for customized patent analysis and our reports are backed by the Serco 100% satisfaction guarantee.
This can include:
- Classification of Claims Analysis – to pinpoint where each of a patent's claims could potentially be classified in the 1,000,000+ possible codes used by the USPC, CPC, IPC, and F/FI systems
- Analysis of Invention & Claims – breaking down each of the potential disclosed inventive features and claims of a patent that need to be analyzed
- Search Concept Mapping – identifying the possible relevance of each search concept that should guide the investigation and mapping them to the proper classification fields and relevant technical terminology synonyms
- Examiner Search History – analysis of the recorded Examiner search history to identify potential gaps based on germane classification categories
- Easy to Read Result Set - Analyzing the most relevant classification fields enables the identification of the most relevant prior art (exemplary documents) so as to refine search and litigation strategy