Serco’s patent search service leverages our unique expertise in patent classification to provide a strategic advantage in securing valuable IP. We enable our customers to make more efficient decisions across multiple stages of the patent prosecution lifecycle by providing patentability and freedom to operate search, and patent application analysis to hone scope and strategy during drafting.
A traditional Patentability Search or Patent Novelty Search is an invaluable tool to determine whether an invention meets the requirements of being novel and non-obvious, however USPTO examiners are skilled in finding obscure prior art and may apply prior art from outside the field of your invention. Insufficient prior art searches fail to inform the patent process resulting in many inventions failing to secure their claims due to inadequate drafting or improper routing. IP owners and attorneys require a more robust level of analysis and search in order to successfully prosecute a patent application.
- More accurately defines the inventive elements and identifies potential prior art to support patent application drafting
- Applies our our in-depth knowledge of the state-of-the art to ensure that you have the advantage of searches finding the obscure art references
- Searches for both foreign and U.S. patent documents as well as non-patent literature
- Speeds up patent prosecution by identifying and modifying factors and variations that clarify the disclosure and impact routing to the most appropriate Group Art Unit
- Streamlines the patent prosecution process to minimize roadblocks of potential rejections and appeals
- Makes more accurate assessments of the novelty and commercial value of an invention to better allocate scarce development resources and legal expense